History buffs will enjoy a visit to Prato, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, monuments, and churches. Welcoming and walkable, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, art, and shopping.
- There are 17 Prato hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Prato
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Museum of Mural Painting, Palazzo degli Alberti, and Galleria Comunale e Museo Civico
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, churches, and landmarks such as Palazzo Datini, Palazzo Pretorio, and San Francesco
- The natural beauty of the riverfront is picturesque, and places worth a visit are Boboli Gardens and Piazzale Michelangelo
Prato is only 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from Florence. Popular sights in the area include Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flower and Ponte Vecchio.
Getting around Prato
Prato has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Prato Porta al Serraglio Station or Prato Station.
Staying in Prato
With 17 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Prato offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 12 hotels ranging from GBP 46 to GBP 72 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Art Hotel Museo, averaging GBP 86.5 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Residence Manassei, averaging GBP 96.63/night
- Albergo Giugni, averaging GBP 71.59/night
Dressing for Prato
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the nighttime average
- About 793 millimetres of rain falls on Prato each year