Search Hotels in Prato
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Prato are sure to enjoy the art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums and monuments. Top sights around the area include Fortezza da Basso, Santa Maria Novella Basilica and Museum and San Lorenzo Church.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodation options in Prato
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 7.5 mi (12 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Prato
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Museo del Tessuto, Pecci Contemporary Art Museum and Palazzo degli Alberti. The city is notable for landmarks like Castello dell'Imperatore, Santa Maria delle Carceri and Palazzo Datini. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Monash University - Prato is worth a campus tour.
Top places to visit around the area include Fortezza da Basso, located 10.2 mi (16.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Santa Maria Novella Basilica and Museum, which is 10.5 mi (17 km) away.
Getting around Prato
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Prato Porta al Serraglio Station, Prato Central Station or Prato Borgonuovo Station. Prato might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Prato
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Prato gets about 793 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C