History buffs will enjoy a visit to Pistoia, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the monuments, museums, and churches. Welcoming and walkable, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, art, and shopping.
- There are 20 Pistoia hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Pistoia
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Fabroni Palace Contemporary Visual Arts Museum, Museum of Pistoia Underground, and Museo Civico di Pistoia
- Attractions include Tanilla's Park, MyKart Montecatini, and Villa Celle
- Notable for its monuments, historic sites, churches, and landmarks such as Sanctuary of the Madonna of Valdibrana, Saint Mary of Graces, and Sant'Andrea
Pistoia is 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from Florence. Popular sights in the area include Ponte della Maddalena and Fortezza da Basso.
Getting around Pistoia
Pistoia has many options for getting around. If you're looking to journey outside of the area, take a train from Pistoia Piteccio Station, Pistoia Ovest Station, or Pistoia Station.
Staying in Pistoia
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Pistoia has 20 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 27 to GBP 124 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Locanda San Marco, averaging GBP 91.13/night
- Hotel Villa Cappugi, averaging GBP 111.94/night
Dressing for Pistoia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 1°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 13°C, while the average at night is -2°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 15°C with nighttime averages of 5°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and nighttime averages of -3°C
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Pistoia each year