Families will find child-friendly activities in Empoli, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums and parks. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, cultural and countryside city has to offer, including its wineries, restaurants and coffeehouses.
- There are 7 Empoli hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Empoli
- Top activities include wine tasting and taking a tour, whereas Cosimo Maria Masini, Castello Sonnino, and Tenuta Maiano are great sights to visit
- Museums and festivals are well-known in the area, and attractions include Civic Museum of Paleontology in Empoli, Museum of the Collegiate Church of Sant'Andrea, and House Museum of Ferruccio Busoni
- Its churches and monuments are notable, and landmarks include Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, San Miniato Cathedral, and Medici Villa of Cerreto Guidi
- The countryside, gardens and parks provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Corsini Park, Renai Park, and Focognano Oasis
Getting around Empoli
There are many transport options in Empoli. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Empoli Station or Empoli Ponte A Elsa Station.
Staying in Empoli
Searching for a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may appreciate Empoli Hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Empoli Hotel with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Empoli
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Empoli is 796 millimetres