Search Hotels in Lisbon District
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 7 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 2 Oct 2019
Where to stay in Lisbon District
Visiting Lisbon District
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lisbon District, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, renowned art and shopping. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its monuments, architecture and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Santa Justa Elevator, Rossio Square and Castle of Sao Jorge.
- There are 5149 hotels and other accommodation options in Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lisbon District
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Gulbenkian Museum, Mercado da Ribeira and National Museum of Azulejos. Attractions like Lisbon Zoo, Lisbon Oceanarium and Ascensor da Gloria are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its monuments, historic sites and cathedrals, the city's landmarks include Santa Justa Elevator, Rossio Square and Castle of Sao Jorge.
In Loures, you'll find 5149 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Biester Charm House Sintra - This 4-star country house features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Vila Vitorino - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Martinhal Lisbon Chiado - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Bairro Alto can enjoy access to free breakfast and a children's club, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Other favourite sights in Lisbon District include Lisbon Cathedral (Se), Commerce Square and 25th of April Bridge. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Troia Beach, 20.4 mi/32.8 km from the city centre.
Getting around Lisbon District
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Lisbon District is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Rossio Metro Station, Baixa-Chiado Station and Restauradores Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Lisbon Rossio Station, Lisbon Cais do Sodre Station or Lisbon Santa Apolonia Station.
Dressing for Lisbon District
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Lisbon District is 701 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Lisbon District?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lisbon District, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Lisbon District?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Lisbon District?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Lisbon District?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Lisbon District?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Lisbon District?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Lisbon District?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Lisbon District?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Lisbon District?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Lisbon District?
What are some hotels with pools in Lisbon District?
Lisbon District Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Lisbon District by Star Rating
- Hotels near Lisbon District Airports
- Areas of Lisbon District
- Accommodation near Lisbon District Attractions
- More accommodation types in Lisbon District
- Choose Your Lisbon District Hotel Style
- Search Lisbon District Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Lisbon District
- Hotels Near Lisbon District, Portugal
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends