Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Sesimbra, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and spas. The relaxing and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city. Cristo Rei, 25th of April Bridge and Belem Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 5504 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sesimbra
The city is notable for landmarks like Sesimbra Castle, Fortaleza de Santiago and Nossa Senhora de Castelo Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Sesimbra Beach, Meco Beach and Praia da California. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ouro Beach and Facho da Azoia.
In Setubal, there are 202 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SANA Sesimbra Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean rooms.
- Hotel Do Mar - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel dos Zimbros - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Cristo Rei, located 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the heart of the city, and 25th of April Bridge, which is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) away.
Dressing for Sesimbra
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 701 millimetres of rain falls on Sesimbra each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 8°C