Visitors to Obidos are sure to enjoy the golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its countryside and secluded setting. Around the area, top sights include Obidos Castle, Baleal Beach and Sao Martinho do Porto Beach.
- There are 202 hotels and other accommodation options in Obidos
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 41 mi (65.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Obidos
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Obidos Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and such places to visit as Obidos Lagoon and Praia do Bom Sucesso. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Golf Club Praia d'El Rey and Bom Sucesso Golf Course are sights to visit.
In Peniche, you can choose from 202 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Real D Obidos - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- The Beachfront Praia D'el Rey Golf & Beach Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants and free WiFi.
- Praia D'El Rey Marriott Golf & Beach Resort - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Baleal Beach, 9.5 mi/15.3 km from the heart of the city, and Sao Martinho do Porto Beach, which is 10 mi (16.1 km) away.
Dressing for Obidos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Obidos gets about 701 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C