Visiting Caldas da Rainha
Visitors can enjoy all that Caldas da Rainha has to offer including the art, museums and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, festivals and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Obidos Castle, Sao Martinho do Porto Beach and Nazare Beach.
- There are 132 hotels and other accommodation options in Caldas da Rainha
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 44.1 mi (71 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Caldas da Rainha
The city's cultural venues include Barata Feyo Museum and Jose Malhoa Museum. Notable city landmarks like Praca da Republica and Church of Santa Catherine might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sao Martinho do Porto Beach, Dom Carlos I Park and Obidos Lagoon.
In Alcobaça, you'll find 132 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Água d'Alma Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Foz do Arelho features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- SANA Silver Coast - Our customers love the dining options and central location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- INATEL Foz do Arelho - This 3-star hotel in Foz do Arelho features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Obidos Castle, located 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city centre, and Nazare Beach, which is 13.1 mi (21.1 km) away.
Getting around Caldas da Rainha
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Caldas Da Rainha Station. Caldas da Rainha might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Caldas da Rainha
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- About 701 millimetres of rain falls on Caldas da Rainha each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 8°C