Visitors can enjoy all that Setubal has to offer including the parks, white-sand beaches and football games. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Around the area, top sights include Lisbon Cathedral (Se), Commerce Square and Castle of Sao Jorge.
- There are 370 hotels and other accommodation options in Setubal
- The closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cascais (CAT), 28.4 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Setubal
Cultural venues in the city include Michel Giacometti Museum, Setubal Museum and Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Estátua de Bocage, Palmela Castle and Comporta Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Troia Beach, Arrabida Natural Park and Galapos Beach.
In Sesimbra, you can choose from 370 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sport Hotel A Seleção - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- RM Guest House - The Experience - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- A Serenada Enoturismo - This 4-star country house features a winery, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to see outside the city include Lisbon Cathedral (Se), 18.2 mi/29.3 km from the heart of the city, and Commerce Square, which is 18.2 mi/29.4 km away.
Dressing for Setubal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 8°C
- Setubal gets about 701 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 8°C