Visitors to Cockermouth are sure to enjoy the bars, spas and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Ullswater, Derwent Water and Scafell Pike.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodation options in Cockermouth
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 29.9 mi (48.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cockermouth
Cultural venues in the city include Castlegate House Gallery, Wordsworth House and Garden and Isel Hall. The city is notable for landmarks like Wordsworth House, Jennings Brewery and St Michael's Church, Isel. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Buttermere, Whinlatter Forest Park and Crummock Water.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cockermouth. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Link House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to public transport.
- Embleton Spa Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- The Pheasant Inn - This 3-star inn features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Ullswater, located 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city centre, and Hill Top, which is 23.7 mi/38.1 km away.
Dressing for Cockermouth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Cockermouth each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C