Guests will appreciate the churches, museums and restaurants in Whitehaven. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its bars.
- There are 3 Whitehaven hotels
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 97.4 mi (156.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Whitehaven
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as The Beacon, The Rum Story, and Helena Thompson Museum
- Notable for its churches and landmarks, such as Wordsworth House and Garden and Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
Getting around Whitehaven
There are many transport options in Whitehaven. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Dressing for Whitehaven
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Whitehaven gets about 21 millimetres of rain per year