Visitors to Workington are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and mountain views. Top sights around the area include Derwent Water and Scafell Pike. In Workington, there are 17 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Workington
A favourite place to visit in the city is Helena Thompson Museum. In the area, you'll also find Derwent Water and Scafell Pike.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Workington. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Littlebeck Warren - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a bar and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Hall Park Hotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Old Ginn House Inn - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Getting around Workington
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Harrington Station or Workington Station. Workington may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Workington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Workington is 627.10 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C