Travellers to Chatham give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its marina and spas. Top sights around the area include Rochester Cathedral, Rochester Castle and Leeds Castle.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Chatham
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 23 mi (37 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chatham
Notable city landmarks like Historic Dockyard Chatham and Fort Amherst might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Buckmore Park Karting and Brook Theatre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Chatham. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bridgewood Manor - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Ship & Trades - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Rochester Cathedral, 2.5 mi/4 km from the city centre, and Rochester Castle, which is 2.5 mi (4.1 km) away.
Getting around Chatham
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Chatham Station. Chatham might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chatham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Chatham each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C