Search Hotels in Rochester
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 10 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 20 Jul 2018
Visitors can enjoy all that Rochester has to offer including the bars, cathedral and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and spas. Top sights in the city include Rochester Cathedral, Rochester Castle and Cooling Castle Barn.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Rochester
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 21.9 mi (35.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rochester
The city is notable for landmarks like Rochester Cathedral, Rochester Castle and Cooling Castle Barn. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Upnor Castle and Guildhall Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Rochester. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Horseshoe and Castle - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Lodge Guest House - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Kings Head Hotel - Amenities in this 3-star hotel room include free WiFi and a dining area. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Southend Pier, located 10.4 mi (16.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Bluewater Shopping Centre, which is 11.8 mi (19 km) away.
Getting around Rochester
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Rochester Strood Station, Rochester Station or Rochester Higham Station. Rochester might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rochester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Rochester gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Rochester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rochester, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel in Rochester to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Rochester?
Rochester Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Rochester by Star Rating
- Hotels near Rochester Airports
- Areas of Rochester
- Accommodation near Rochester Attractions
- More accommodation types in Rochester
- Choose Your Rochester Hotel Style
- Search Rochester Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Rochester
- Hotels Near Rochester, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends