History buffs will enjoy exploring Cartagena, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, local tours and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, live music and museums. Top sights in the city include Puerta del Reloj, San Pedro Claver Church and Convent and San Felipe de Barajas Castle.
- There are 1153 hotels and other accommodation options in Cartagena
- The closest major airport is in Cartagena (CTG-Rafael Nunez Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartagena
The city is well known for its live music and museums, and cultural venues include Palace of the Inquisition Cartagena Historical Museum, Simon Bolivar House and Museum and Caribbean Naval Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Puerta del Reloj, San Pedro Claver Church and Convent, and San Felipe de Barajas Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Isla Grande Beach, Bocagrande Beach and Castillo Grande Beach.
In Tierra Bomba, you'll find 1153 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Casa San Agustin - This 4.5-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Hotel Quadrifolio - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Casa Don Sancho by Mustique - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Cartagena Walled City can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its walkable location.
Other favourite sights in Cartagena include Jaime Moron Stadium, San Fernando Fort and Clock Tower.
Dressing for Cartagena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 30°C and the night-time average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 25°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cartagena is 72 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 23°C