Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 21 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 9 Oct 2020
Travellers to Alcester give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city attracts tourists with its theatres and gardens. Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Royal Shakespeare Theatre and Swan Theatre are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Alcester
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alcester
Notable city landmarks like Ragley Hall and All Saints Church might be worth a visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Alcester. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Stag - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Broom Hall Inn - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Blue Boar - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Swan Theatre, 6.9 mi/11 km from the city centre, and Shakespeare Monument, which is 6.9 mi (11.1 km) away.
Dressing for Alcester
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Alcester gets about 758.80 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C