Families will find kid-friendly activities in Redditch, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its golf courses, bars and gardens. Cadbury World, Sarehole Mill and Cannon Hill Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Redditch
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 19.5 mi (31.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Redditch
The city's cultural venues include Palace Theatre and Forge Mill Needle Museum and Bordesley Abbey. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Arrow Valley Country Park. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Pitcheroak Golf Course, The Abbey Golf Course and Redditch Golf Club are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Redditch. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham Redditch - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- The Green Dragon Inn - Our customers like the bar and convenient parking at this inn. Amenities at this 3-star inn include a restaurant and free parking.
- Abbey Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Cadbury World, located 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre, and Sarehole Mill, which is 9.5 mi (15.2 km) away.
Getting around Redditch
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Redditch Station. Redditch might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Redditch
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Redditch gets about 766 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 2°C