Visitors to Wirral are sure to enjoy the spas, bars and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Around the area, top sights include M&S Bank Arena, Albert Dock and Tate Liverpool.
- You'll find 705 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 33.6 mi (54.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wirral
Cultural venues in the city include Lady Lever Art Gallery, Port Sunlight Museum and West Kirby Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Thurstaston Beach, West Kirby Marine Lake and West Kirby Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Royal Liverpool Golf Club and Wirral Country Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Wirral. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Thornton Hall Hotel and Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar.
- Royal Oak - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bromborough can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include M&S Bank Arena, located 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Albert Dock, which is 4.8 mi/7.8 km away.
Getting around Wirral
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Heswall Station, Bebington Station or Leasowe Station. Wirral may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Wirral
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Wirral gets about 801.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C