Visitors can enjoy all that Wigton has to offer including the lakeside setting, golf courses and zoo. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and secluded setting. Top sights around the area include The Sands Centre and Derwent Water.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodation options in Wigton
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wigton
A couple of favourite places to visit are Knoxwood Wildlife Rescue and Soldiers in Silloth. In the area, you'll also find The Sands Centre and Derwent Water.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 47 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Wigton. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Overwater Hall - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Oddfellows Arms - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Wheyrigg Hall - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Ullswater, located 21 mi (33.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting around Wigton
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Wigton Station or Aspatria Station. Wigton might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wigton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Wigton gets about 20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C