Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Weggis, which is also known for its spas and mountain views. The scenic and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Swiss Transportation Museum, Loewenplatz and Chapel Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Weggis
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 29.6 mi (47.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Weggis
Boating is a top activity, and Weggis Cable Car is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Swiss Transportation Museum and Loewenplatz.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Weggis. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- See & Wellnesshotel Gerbi - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Seehof Hotel Du Lac - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hotel Alpenblick - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Chapel Bridge, located 6.2 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre, and Lucerne Town Hall, which is 6.2 mi/10 km away.
Getting around Weggis
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Weggis Harbor. Weggis might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Weggis
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Weggis gets about 781.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C