Visitors to Vitznau are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, mountain views and spas. Swiss Transportation Museum, Loewenplatz and Chapel Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Vitznau
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 30.4 mi (49 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vitznau
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Wissifluh Cable Car. In the area, you'll also find Swiss Transportation Museum and Loewenplatz.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Vitznau. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Vitznauerhof - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- See- und Seminarhotel FloraAlpina - Our customers like the location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
Top places to see around the area include Chapel Bridge, 8.9 mi/14.3 km from the heart of the city, and Lucerne Town Hall, which is 9 mi (14.4 km) away.
Dressing for Vitznau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Vitznau gets about 781.20 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C