Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 12 Oct 2020
Travellers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Swindon, which is also known for its festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and archaeological sites. Swindon Designer Outlet, Cotswold Wildlife Park and Westonbirt Arboretum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 110 hotels and other accommodation options in Swindon
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 27.6 mi (44.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 41.4 mi (66.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Swindon
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Museum of the Great Western Railway and Swindon and Cricklade Railway. Notable city landmarks like Barbury Castle and Wayland's Smithy might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Coate Water Country Park, Lydiard Park and Stanton Country Park.
Other top sights in Swindon include Swindon Designer Outlet. Popular places to see around the area include Cotswold Wildlife Park, located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Westonbirt Arboretum, which is 18.9 mi/30.4 km away.
Getting around Swindon
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Swindon Station. Swindon might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Swindon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Swindon is 31 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Swindon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Swindon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Swindon?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Swindon?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Swindon?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Swindon?
What's the best luxury hotel in Swindon?
Swindon Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Swindon by Star Rating
- Hotels near Swindon Airports
- Accommodation near Swindon Attractions
- More accommodation types in Swindon
- Choose Your Swindon Hotel Style
- Search Swindon Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Swindon
- Hotels Near Swindon, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends