Visitors to Shaftesbury are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and coffee shops. Longleat, Salisbury Cathedral and Old Sarum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Shaftesbury
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 21.7 mi (35 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 34.8 mi (56.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shaftesbury
The city's cultural venues include Gold Hill Museum and Shaftesbury Abbey Museum and Garden. In the area, you'll also find Longleat and Salisbury Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 39 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Shaftesbury. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Grosvenor Arms - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holbrook B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Coppleridge Inn - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Old Sarum, 17.5 mi/28.1 km from the heart of the city, and Stonehenge, which is 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away.
Dressing for Shaftesbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 785.80 millimetres of rain falls on Shaftesbury each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C