Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Sausalito, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the sunrises, hiking and sunsets. Urban and welcoming, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its boating, shopping and cafes.
- There are 5 Sausalito hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sausalito
- Boating is one of the top activities, whereas Tiburon Ferry, Red and White Fleet at Pier 43 and a Half, and Ferry Building are favourite sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include San Francisco Bay Model Visitor Center, Bay Area Discovery Museum, and Headlands Center for the Arts
- Attractions include Marine Mammal Center, Pier 39, and Aquarium of the Bay
- Notable landmarks include Hawk Hill, Fort Cronkhite, and Point Bonita Lighthouse
- The sunrises, the sea and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Marin Headlands, Nike Missile Site SF-88, and Rodeo Beach
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, and Westfield San Francisco Centre
Staying in Sausalito
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Cavallo Point.
You might like one of these traveller-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- The Gables Inn - Sausalito
- Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa
Cavallo Point, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.4 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are The Gables Inn - Sausalito and Casa Madrona Hotel & Spa.