Travellers to Sausalito give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seaside. Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island and Alcatraz Island are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 813 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 17.6 mi (28.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sausalito
The city's cultural venues include Bay Area Discovery Museum and San Francisco Bay Model Visitor Center. Notable city landmarks like Fort Cronkhite and Point Bonita Lighthouse might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Marin Headlands, Rodeo Beach and Horseshoe Cove.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Sausalito. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- HI Marin Headlands Hostel - This 2-star hostel features free WiFi, free parking and conference space. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Cavallo Point - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Hotel Sausalito - This 2.5-star hotel features parking, concierge services and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Golden Gate Bridge, located 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city centre, and Angel Island, which is 2.6 mi/4.2 km away.
Dressing for Sausalito
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 588 millimetres of rain falls on Sausalito each year
- October and September are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C