Search Hotels in Portswood
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
House With 2 Bedrooms in Southampton, With Wonderful City View, Enclosed Garden and Wifi - 280 km From the Beach
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Portswood, which is also known for its university setting and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Around the area, top sights include St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton Cruise Terminal and Southampton Maritime Museum.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Portswood
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portswood
A favourite place to visit in the city is The Brook Theater. In the area, you'll also find St. Mary's Stadium and Southampton Cruise Terminal.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Portswood. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Elizabeth House Hotel - This 2-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Highfield House Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and conference space.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Southampton Maritime Museum, located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Peppa Pig World, which is 7 mi (11.3 km) away.
Getting around Portswood
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Southampton St Denys Station. Portswood may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Portswood
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- About 785.80 millimetres of rain falls on Portswood each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Portswood?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Portswood, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Portswood?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Portswood?
Portswood Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Portswood by Star Rating
- Hotels near Portswood Airports
- Areas of Portswood
- Accommodation near Portswood Attractions
- More accommodation types in Portswood
- Choose Your Portswood Hotel Style
- Search Portswood Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Portswood
- Hotels Near Portswood, Southampton
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends