Guests are sure to enjoy the bars, restaurants and castle in Malton. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, cosy and countryside city has to offer, including its beer, coffeehouses and gardens.
- There are 9 Malton hotels
- November is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 39.4 mi (63.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Malton
- Popular cultural attractions include Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum, The Milton Rooms, and The Robert Fuller Gallery
- Popular family attractions include Scampston Walled Garden, Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo, and Yorkshire Lavender
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include The Brunswick, Sledmere House, and St Mary's Church
- The countryside and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and Yorkshire Arboretum, Dalby Forest Visitor Centre, and North Riding Forest Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Malton
There are plenty of options for getting around Malton. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Malton Station.
Staying in Malton
With 8 hotels and other accommodations in Malton, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 5 inns ranging from GBP 49 to GBP 107 per night.
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may appreciate these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- The Cresswell Arms
- The Talbot Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is The Cresswell Arms with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas The Talbot Hotel has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Malton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the nighttime average
- Malton gets about 18 millimetres of rain per year