Search Hotels in Helmsley
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Nov 2020
Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Helmsley, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights around the area include Yorkshire Moors, Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo and Castle Howard.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Helmsley
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 23.8 mi (38.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 35.7 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Helmsley
Notable city landmarks like Duncombe Park and Helmsley Castle might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Yorkshire Moors and Hemsley Walled Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Helmsley Arts Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Helmsley. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Feathers Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- The Royal Oak Hotel - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi and a library. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo, 10.4 mi/16.8 km from the heart of the city, and Castle Howard, which is 10.6 mi (17 km) away.
Dressing for Helmsley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 19 millimetres of rain falls on Helmsley each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Helmsley?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Helmsley, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Helmsley?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Helmsley?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Helmsley?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Helmsley?
What's the best accommodation in Helmsley to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Helmsley?
Helmsley Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Helmsley by Star Rating
- Hotels near Helmsley Airports
- Accommodation near Helmsley Attractions
- More accommodation types in Helmsley
- Choose Your Helmsley Hotel Style
- Search Helmsley Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Helmsley
- Hotels Near Helmsley, York
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends