Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Gretna, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Welcoming and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. A top sight in the area is The Sands Centre.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Gretna
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 11 mi (17.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gretna
The Sands Centre is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Carlisle Castle and Carlisle Cathedral in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Gretna. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Gables Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Surrone House - Guest house - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Greenlaw Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting around Gretna
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Gretna Green Station. Gretna might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gretna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Gretna each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C