Travellers to Langholm will find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Langholm
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Langholm
Places to visit in the larger region include St Mary's Loch, Kielder Observatory and Dino Park. In the area, you'll also find Hermitage Castle and Lockerbie Golf Club.
As you plan for your holiday to Langholm, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can select from 226 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Border House B & B is located 6.9 mi (11.2 km) from the heart of Langholm. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Langholm features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Zara Continental is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from central Langholm. This hotel in Langholm features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Stables Cottage, Self Catering Holiday Home is 4 mi (6.4 km) from the centre of Langholm. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Langholm can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is The Sands Centre, located 24.2 mi (39 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Langholm
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Langholm each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C