Families will find kid-friendly activities in Grays, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and bars. Around the area, top sights include Lakeside Shopping Centre, Bluewater Shopping Centre and Victoria Road Stadium.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Grays
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grays
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Lakeside Shopping Centre is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Arena Essex Raceway to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Grays. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Orsett Hall Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Thurrock can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ibis London Thurrock M25 - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel in Thurrock features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Stifford Hall Hotel Thurrock - This 3.5-star hotel in Thurrock features a restaurant, free WiFi and parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Bluewater Shopping Centre, 4.7 mi/7.6 km from the city centre, and Victoria Road Stadium, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away.
Getting around Grays
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Grays Station or Grays Chafford Hundred Station. Grays might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Grays
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Grays each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C