Visitors to Glastonbury are sure to enjoy the bars and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, festivals and hot springs. Top sights in the city include Glastonbury Abbey and Glastonbury Tor.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Glastonbury
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 17 mi (27.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glastonbury
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Glastonbury Abbey, Glastonbury Tor, and Chalice Well. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rural Life Museum and St. Margaret's Chapel & Magdalene Almshouses.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Glastonbury. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- St Anne's B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and spa services, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- A. B&B - Glastonbury - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Glastonbury Town House - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Wells Cathedral, located 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre, and Wookey Hole Caves, which is 6.3 mi/10.2 km away.
Dressing for Glastonbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Glastonbury is 26 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C