Families will find kid-friendly activities in Wells, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include Wells Cathedral and Wookey Hole Caves.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodation options in Wells
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wells
The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Wells Cathedral, Wells Bishop's Palace, and Vicar's Close. The picturesque setting of Wookey Hole Caves and Ebbor Gorge exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Wells & Mendip Museum to your agenda.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Glastonbury Abbey, 5.4 mi/8.7 km from the city centre, and Cheddar Gorge, which is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) away.
Dressing for Wells
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Wells each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C