Visiting Shepton Mallet
Visitors to Shepton Mallet are sure to enjoy the spas, bars and cafes. The welcoming and countryside setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Wells Cathedral, Wookey Hole Caves and Glastonbury Abbey.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Shepton Mallet
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Shepton Mallet
A couple of favourite places to visit are Royal Bath and West Showground and Kilver Court. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wells Cathedral and Wookey Hole Caves.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Shepton Mallet. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Maplestone Hall - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and WiFi.
- The Natterjack Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. Amenities at this 4-star inn include a restaurant and free parking.
- The Thatched Cottage Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Glastonbury Abbey, located 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre, and Longleat, which is 10.8 mi/17.4 km away.
Dressing for Shepton Mallet
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Shepton Mallet each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C