Guests will appreciate the restaurants, bars and golfing in Dunbar. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, tucked away and seaside city has to offer, including its castle, sporting events and beaches.
- There are 2 Dunbar hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 32 mi (51.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Dunbar
- Golfing is one of the top activities, whereas Winterfield Golf Club, Dunbar Golf Club, and Muirfield Golf Course are favourite sights to visit
- Its castle and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Hailes Castle, Tantallon Castle, and Lennoxlove Historic House
- The the sea and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and Belhaven Beach, Tyninghame Beach, and Seacliff Beach are several places worth visiting
Getting around Dunbar
There are plenty of options for getting around Dunbar. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Dunbar Station.
Staying in Dunbar
Looking for a charming locale or stylish getaway? You might like these top-rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Dunmuir Hotel
- Bayswell Park Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Dunmuir Hotel with a 3.9 out of 5 user rating, whereas Bayswell Park Hotel has a 3.1 rating by guests.
Dressing for Dunbar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 18°C, whereas the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Dunbar is 26 millimetres