Visiting Castellammare di Stabia
Visitors to Castellammare di Stabia are sure to enjoy the seaside, gardens and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its art. Pompeii Archaeological Park, Church of Santa Maria Assunta and Emerald Grotto are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 495 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Mount Vesuvius - Pompei
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 23.2 mi (37.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castellammare di Stabia
The city's cultural venues include Stabia Hall Cinema and MuDiSS Diocesan Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Stabia Archaeological Site, Monte Faito Cable Car and Villa Arianna. The the sea and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Gulf of Naples, Faito Mountain and Sorrento Peninsula.
In Pompei, you'll find 106 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Chiaja art&relais - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Hotel Miramare Stabia - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- La Medusa Hotel & Boutique Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its bar and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Pompeii Archaeological Park, 3.8 mi/6.1 km from the city centre, and Church of Santa Maria Assunta, which is 4.7 mi (7.6 km) away.
Getting around Castellammare di Stabia
Head over to Castellammare di Stabia Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Castellammare di Stabia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Castellammare di Stabia gets about 874.00 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C