Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Positano, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its cafes and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Church of Santa Maria Assunta, Emerald Grotto and Piazza Tasso.
- There are 234 hotels and other accommodation options in Positano
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Positano
Notable city landmarks like Church of Santa Maria Assunta and Piazza dei Mulini might be worth a visit. The the sea, sunsets and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Fornillo Beach, Sorrento Peninsula and Li Galli Islands are worth a visit. Boating is a top activity, and Positano Ferry Landing is one place to visit.
In Praiano, there are 234 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Il San Pietro di Positano - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Laurito can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Villa Mary Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Liparlati, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Il Moro di Positano - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Emerald Grotto, 4.4 mi/7 km from the heart of the city, and Piazza Tasso, which is 5.8 mi (9.3 km) away.
Dressing for Positano
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Positano gets about 766.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 8°C