Visiting Amalfi Coast
Travellers to Amalfi Coast give high marks for the beaches, local tours and cathedral. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its cafes and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Amalfi Cathedral, Amalfi Beach and Villa Rufolo.
- There are 1120 hotels and other accommodation options in Amalfi Coast
- The closest major airport is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amalfi Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Ravello Cathedral, Paper Mill Museum and Oscar Niemeyer Auditorium. The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Amalfi Cathedral, Villa Rufolo, and Villa Romana. The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Amalfi Beach, Emerald Grotto and Maiori Beach.
In Ravello, you'll find 1120 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Barbera - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to public transport and clean, quiet rooms.
- Il San Pietro di Positano - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Laurito can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Monastero Santa Rosa Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Other top sights in Amalfi Coast include Church of Santa Maria Assunta. Top places to see in the area include Pompeii Archaeological Park, 10 mi/16.1 km from the city centre, and Piazza Tasso, which is 11.5 mi (18.5 km) away.
Getting around Amalfi Coast
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Vietri sul Mare Station. Amalfi Coast might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Amalfi Coast
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Amalfi Coast gets about 878 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C