Travellers to Maiori give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and cultural, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Villa Romana, Villa Rufolo and Amalfi Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodation options in Maiori
- The closest major airport is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 24.6 mi (39.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maiori
The city is notable for landmarks like Palazzo di Messacapo, Church of S. Francesco and Castle of S. Nicola de Thoro-Plano. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Maiori Beach, Sorrento Peninsula and Erchie Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Abbey of S. Maria De Olearia to your agenda.
In Ravello, there are 90 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B&B Maiurè - Amenities at this guesthouse include a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- B&B Palazzo Montesanto - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking.
- Meublè Casa Mannini - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include parking and free WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include Villa Romana, 0.9 mi/1.4 km from the city centre, and Villa Rufolo, which is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) away.
Dressing for Maiori
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Maiori is 878 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C