Visitors to Amesbury are sure to enjoy the cafes and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Hampton Beach, Hampton Beach State Park and Water Country.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Amesbury
- The closest major airport is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amesbury
A couple of favourite places to visit are Amesbury Sports Park and Mary Baker Eddy Historic House. In the area, you'll also find Hampton Beach and Hampton Beach State Park.
Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Water Country, 15.1 mi/24.3 km from the heart of the city, and Canobie Lake Park, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Dressing for Amesbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -7°C at night
- About 1310.90 millimetres of rain falls on Amesbury each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -7°C