Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Feb 2021
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Feb 2021
Visitors can enjoy all that Lowell has to offer including the live music, hockey games and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and rivers. Around the area, top sights include Walden Pond, Tsongas Arena and Nashoba Valley Ski Area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Lowell
- The closest major airport is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lowell
Cultural venues in the city include Tsongas Arena, Lowell Memorial Auditorium and National Streetcar Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are John F Kennedy Civic Center and Lowell National Historical Park.
Here's a top accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Lowell/Chelmsford - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Highlands can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Walden Pond, 14.2 mi/22.8 km from the city centre, and Nashoba Valley Ski Area, which is 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away.
Getting around Lowell
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lowell Station. Lowell might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lowell
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 1241 millimetres of rain falls on Lowell each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Lowell?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lowell, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Lowell?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Lowell?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Lowell?
What is staying in Lowell like?
What should I see while I'm in Lowell?
What's the best way to get around Lowell?
What's the seasonal weather like in Lowell?
Lowell Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Lowell by Star Rating
- Hotels near Lowell Airports
- Accommodation near Lowell Attractions
- More accommodation types in Lowell
- Choose Your Lowell Hotel Style
- Search Lowell Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Lowell
- Hotels Near Lowell, Massachusetts
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends