Families will find kid-friendly activities in Concord, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers, churches and football games. Top sights around the area include Walden Pond, Harvard Square and Semitic Museum.
- You'll find 1215 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Concord
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Old North Bridge, Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, and The Wayside. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Walden Pond and Concord Visitors Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 5 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Concord. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hawthorne Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- North Bridge Inn - Our customers like the beach locale and quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western At Historic Concord - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Harvard Square, 14 mi/22.5 km from the heart of the city, and Semitic Museum, which is 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away.
Getting around Concord
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Concord Station. Concord may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Concord
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 1241 millimetres of rain falls on Concord each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C