Search Salem Hotels, Boston
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 17 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 28 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 7 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 2 Dec 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Salem, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its museums, local tours and shopping. Top sights in the city include Salem Witch Museum, Witch House and Salem Witch Trials Memorial.
- You'll find 1368 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 12 mi (19.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salem
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Salem Witch Museum, Witch History Museum and Salem Wax Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Witch House, Salem Witch Trials Memorial, and Salem Maritime National Historic Site. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Witch Dungeon Museum and Peabody Essex Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Salem. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Merchant - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Stepping Stone Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Hotel Salem - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and proximity to public transport.
Outside the city, popular places to see include USS Constitution Museum, 12.6 mi/20.3 km from the heart of the city, and Bunker Hill Monument, which is 12.7 mi (20.4 km) away.
Dressing for Salem
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 1199.60 millimetres of rain falls on Salem each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Salem?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Salem, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Salem?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Salem?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Salem?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Salem?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Salem?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Salem?
Where's the best place to stay in Salem to be near historical sites?
What are some hotels with pools in Salem?
Salem Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Salem by Star Rating
- Hotels near Salem Airports
- Areas of Salem
- Accommodation near Salem Attractions
- More accommodation types in Salem
- Choose Your Salem Hotel Style
- Search Salem Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Salem
- Hotels Near Salem, Boston
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends