Search Hotels in Waltham, MA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waltham, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its riverfront, festivals and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Walden Pond, Harvard Square and Semitic Museum.
- You'll find 1253 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 11.5 mi (18.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waltham
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Lyman Estate, Charles River Museum of Industry and Innovation and Rose Art Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Bentley College and Brandeis University. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Moody Street Historic District and National Archives at Boston.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 23 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Waltham. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Waltham - This 3-star hotel in West End features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boston Waltham - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in West End can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boston/Waltham - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in West End can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transport.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Walden Pond, 6.3 mi/10.1 km from the heart of the city, and Harvard Square, which is 6.4 mi/10.3 km away.
Getting around Waltham
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Waltham Station or Waltham Brandeis-Roberts Station. Waltham might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Waltham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 1241 millimetres of rain falls on Waltham each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Waltham?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Waltham, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Waltham?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Waltham?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Waltham?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Waltham?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Waltham?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Waltham?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Waltham?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Waltham?
Waltham Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Waltham by Star Rating
- Hotels near Waltham Airports
- Areas of Waltham
- Accommodation near Waltham Attractions
- More accommodation types in Waltham
- Choose Your Waltham Hotel Style
- Search Waltham Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Waltham
- Hotels Near Waltham, Boston
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends