Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 18 Nov 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 12 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 3 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 28 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 16 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 29 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
History buffs will enjoy exploring Gloucester, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, monuments and art. Top sights around the area include Salem Witch Museum, Cape Ann and Salem Witch Trials Memorial.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodation options in Gloucester
- The closest major airport is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 24.3 mi (39.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gloucester
Cultural venues in the city include Maritime Gloucester, The Gorton Theatre and Sargent House Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hammond Castle, Dogtown, and Fishermen's Memorial Monument. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Good Harbor Beach, Long Beach and Wingaersheek Beach.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Salem Witch Museum, located 13.1 mi (21.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Cape Ann, which is 4.3 mi/6.9 km away.
Getting around Gloucester
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Gloucester Station or West Gloucester Station. Gloucester may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Gloucester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -8°C at night
- About 1204 millimetres of rain falls on Gloucester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gloucester?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gloucester, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Gloucester?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Gloucester?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Gloucester?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Gloucester?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gloucester?
What is the best spa hotel in Gloucester?
What's it like to stay in Gloucester?
What should I see while I'm in Gloucester?
How can I get around Gloucester?
What's the seasonal weather like in Gloucester?
Gloucester Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gloucester by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gloucester Airports
- Areas of Gloucester
- Accommodation near Gloucester Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gloucester
- Choose Your Gloucester Hotel Style
- Search Gloucester Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gloucester
- Hotels Near Gloucester, Massachusetts
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends