Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Aug 2016
Reviewed on 19 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 8 Aug 2018
Reviewed on 29 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 7 Jan 2021
Visitors can enjoy all that Alston has to offer including the rivers, art and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and museums. Top sights around the area include Housesteads Roman Fort and Hadrian's Wall.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Alston
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.), 33.7 mi (54.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alston
A favourite place to visit in the city is Nenthead Mines. Additionally, in the area you'll find Housesteads Roman Fort and Hadrian's Wall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Alston. This is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Lowbyer Manor Country House - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free parking and a business centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Ullswater, located 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Alston
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Average annual rainfall for Alston is 20 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C