Families will find kid-friendly activities in Surrey, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its beaches. Top sights around the area include Metropolis at Metrotown, Pacific Coliseum and White Rock Pier.
- You'll find 938 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Surrey
Cultural venues in the city include Surrey Arts Centre, Cloverdale Milennium Amphitheatre and Surrey Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Holland Park. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Central City Shopping Centre and Guilford Town Centre.
In White Rock, there are 71 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilltops - This 3-star guesthouse in Newton features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Civic Hotel Autograph Collection - Our customers like the dining options and proximity to public transport at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Langley-Surrey - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Popular places to see around the area include Metropolis at Metrotown, located 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Pacific Coliseum, which is 11.2 mi/18 km away.
Getting around Surrey
With so many choices for transport, seeing Surrey is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Surrey Central Station, King George Station and Gateway Station. You can take a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Surrey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Surrey is 1039.10 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C