Visiting Port Coquitlam
Visitors to Port Coquitlam are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants and port. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Top sights around the area include Metropolis at Metrotown, Pacific Coliseum and Port of Vancouver.
- You'll find 928 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Coquitlam
Metropolis at Metrotown, Pacific Coliseum and Port of Vancouver are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Poco Inn and Suites Hotel & Conference Centre - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Queen Elizabeth Theatre, located 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Canada Place, which is 15.3 mi/24.7 km away.
Getting around Port Coquitlam
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Port Coquitlam Station. Port Coquitlam might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Port Coquitlam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Port Coquitlam gets about 35 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C