Search Hotels in New Westminster
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting New Westminster
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in New Westminster, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, shopping and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Metropolis at Metrotown, Pacific Coliseum and Port of Vancouver.
- You'll find 1038 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Westminster
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Irving House. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Royal City Centre Shopping Mall and Queensborough Landing. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Starlight Casino and Moody Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to select from in New Westminster. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Queens Hotel - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Queensborough can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Met Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see in the area include Metropolis at Metrotown, 3.8 mi/6.1 km from the city centre, and Pacific Coliseum, which is 7.8 mi/12.5 km away.
Getting around New Westminster
You can take advantage of metro transport at New Westminster Station, Columbia Station and 22nd Street Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for New Westminster
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 1039.10 millimetres of rain falls on New Westminster each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in New Westminster?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in New Westminster, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in New Westminster?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to New Westminster?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to New Westminster?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in New Westminster?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in New Westminster?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in New Westminster?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in New Westminster?
Where's the best place to stay in New Westminster to learn about local history?
Where's the best place to stay for a winter holiday in New Westminster?
New Westminster Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in New Westminster by Star Rating
- Hotels near New Westminster Airports
- Areas of New Westminster
- Accommodation near New Westminster Attractions
- More accommodation types in New Westminster
- Choose Your New Westminster Hotel Style
- Search New Westminster Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in New Westminster
- Hotels Near New Westminster, Vancouver
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends