Visiting North Vancouver
Travellers to North Vancouver give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and seaside. Scenic and urban, this city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights around the area include Port of Vancouver, Pacific Coliseum and Capilano Suspension Bridge.
- You'll find 926 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in North Vancouver
The hiking trails, the sea and mountains exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Waterfront Park and Park and Tilford Gardens. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Lonsdale Quay Market and Capilano Mall. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Lonsdale Quay Seabus Terminal is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in North Vancouver. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Crystal's View Bed & Breakfast - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Upper Lonsdale can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Lower Lonsdale can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Lonsdale Quay Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel in Lower Lonsdale features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Port of Vancouver, located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city centre, and Pacific Coliseum, which is 2.5 mi/4 km away.
Dressing for North Vancouver
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- North Vancouver gets about 40 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C