Visiting Port Moody
Visitors can enjoy all that Port Moody has to offer including the waterfront and parks. The cosy and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Metropolis at Metrotown, Pacific Coliseum and Port of Vancouver.
- You'll find 928 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Moody
A favourite place to visit in the city is Rocky Point Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Metropolis at Metrotown and Pacific Coliseum.
As you plan your holiday to Port Moody, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 237 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Spacious Rooms in Basement Apartment is located 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the heart of Port Moody. This bed & breakfast in Port Moody features free WiFi, free parking and a computer station.
- Inlet Views - Port Moody Indulgence is 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from central Port Moody. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Richmond can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Green Garden is 1.2 mi (2 km) from the centre of Port Moody. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Vancouver can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Port of Vancouver, located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Rogers Arena, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Getting around Port Moody
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Port Moody Station. Port Moody might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Port Moody
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port Moody is 35 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 2°C