Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Ruthin, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas and gardens. The welcoming and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city. Around the area, top sights include Grosvenor Museum, Chester Cathedral and Chester Racecourse.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Ruthin
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruthin
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Nantclwyd y Dre. Additionally, in the area you'll find Grosvenor Museum and Chester Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ruthin. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Ruthin Castle Hotel & Moat Spa is located in central Ruthin. This 4-star hotel in Ruthin features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- The Feathers is located in the heart of Ruthin. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse in Ruthin can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Old Rectory Bed & Breakfast is 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Ruthin can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Our customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Chester Racecourse, located 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Chester City Walls, which is 18.1 mi (29.2 km) away.
Dressing for Ruthin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Ruthin each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C